Authors who wish to make their article freely available immediately upon publication in The Journal of Immunology may utilize the Author Choice option.
The AAI, as standard policy, makes all content in The Journal of Immunology available to the pubilc at no cost 12 months after publication (The JI Online).
The Author Choice option is available for $2,500 to Corresponding Authors who are Regular, Associate, Emeritus or Honorary AAI members at the time of manuscript acceptance. The Author Choice fee for Corresponding Authors who are not members of AAI is $3,000. The Author Choice fee is in addition to other Publication Fees (such as page charges, color charges, and Supplemental Data charges).
Authors may select the Author Choice option during resubmission of manuscripts that have been returned for revision; the option is not offered at the first round of review. If the manuscript is accepted on the first round of review, authors will be offered the Author Choice option via email before files are sent for copyediting. The Author Choice fee will be included in the invoice for Publication Fees. If the Corresponding Author decides against the Author Choice option after selecting it during submission, s/he must notify email@example.com prior to returning page proofs; once page proofs have been returned, the Author Choice fee will be charged and cannot be reimbursed.
In addition to being made freely available on The Journal of Immunology web site immediately upon publication, AAI will deposit the published version of Author Choice articles into PubMed Central of immediate posting three as well as on the PMC mirror sites (Europe PMC and PMC Canada.)
Reuse Terms and Conditions
For allother articles, The American Association of Immunologists, Inc. ("AAI") makes the Author Choice articles (collectively, the "Articles") available under the terms and conditions below. By accessing and using the Articles you agree to the following:
- You may, solely for non-commercial purposes, access, download, copy, distribute and display the Articles, and create derivative works from the Articles, subject to the following restrictions:
- You do not effect the authors' moral rights to the Articles in any way;
- If a third party owns any part of any Article, you are responsible for obtaining permission from the copyright owner to use that portion of the Article;
- If you use an Article for non-commercial research or educational purposes, you must include the appropriate bibliographic citation (authors, journal, article title, volume, issue, page numbers, DOI and the link to the definitive published version on www.jimmunol.org);
- Copyright notices and other disclaimers may no be removed from any Article;
- Any translation of any Article must include, in a prominent manner, the statement: "This is an unofficial translationi of the article that appeared in The Journal of Immunology. The American Association of Immunologists, Inc. has not approved this translation"; and
- Any adaptions of any Article must include, in a prominent manner, the statement: "This is an unofficial adaptation of the articlle that appeared in the Journal of Immunology. The American Association of Immunologists, Inc. has not approved this adaptation.
- Use of the Articles for any Commercial purpose is prohibited.
- The definitive published version of each Article residees on The Journal of Immunology web site, located at www.jimmunol.org. AAI MAKES THE ARTICLES AVAILABLE AS-IS, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE ARTICLES. IN NO EVENT SHALL AAI BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR ANY INFORMATION IN, ANY ARTICLE.
For permissions other than those listed above, or for articles not published as Author Choice, go to http://www.aai.org/About/Publications/JI/copyright.html.