|Please Note: Agreement with the terms of the Individual License is the first step in the activation process for The Journal of Immunology. For a complete description of the activation procedures for individuals, please click here.|
The Journal of Immunology
Individual License Agreement
The Journal of Immunology ("The JI") is owned and published by the American Association of Immunologists (AAI).
The following provisions govern the use of The JI Online by both Guests and Subscribers ("Users"). They consist of four sections: Copyright, Rules of Use, Additional Terms and Warranties, and Acceptance Procedure. You should read each section before completing the registration process.
The entire contents of The JI are protected by the AAI's copyright and other rights owned by the AAI. In addition, each article published in The JI is individually protected by copyright as are the copyrighted materials of others contained in The JI. These Terms of Service constitute a license, and you agree to use The JI and its content only as set forth in the Rules of Use below.
Rules of Use
To make this journal useful to everyone, you as a User, individual or institutional, must abide by the following rules:
- The rights granted to you under this License cannot be transferred, sold or rented to anyone else.
- You will keep your User name and password confidential. You are responsible to promptly notify the Publisher of any disclosure or unauthorized use of your User name and password and to contact our on-line provider at Feedback. You will be assigned a new User name and password. You may be liable for any damages which occur prior to such notification.
- You will notify the Publisher within thirty (30) days of any changes in your registration data.
- Your subscription allows for Internet access at one location and does not allow for proxy server use.
- You may download or print out, for your own research or study only, materials from The JI; you may not transmit, copy, rent, lend, sell, or modify any materials from The JI or modify or remove any proprietary notices contained therein, create derivative works based on materials from The JI, or otherwise infringe the AAI's copyright in any journal.
- Systematic or programmatic downloading and/or archiving of articles, files or materials (for example, downloading entire journal issues) is not permitted.
- You will do nothing which could restrict or inhibit any other User's access to or use of The JI.
- If you refuse or fail to abide by these rules or violate any other terms or conditions of this License, the Publisher reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate your access to The JI immediately without notice, in addition to any other available remedies.
Additional Terms and Warranties
These terms (and, for Subscribers, the subscription terms set forth in the Order Form) constitute the entire agreement between you and the Publisher and supersede any prior written or oral representation or agreement.
The Publisher may modify any of the terms of this License at any time by providing notice in The JI or, at the Publisher's option, directly to Users via electronic mail or conventional mail. Your continued use of this journal shall be conclusively deemed acceptance of such modification.
WARRANTY LIMITATIONS. (i) THIS JOURNAL AND ALL MATERIAL SET FORTH THEREIN IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (ii) THE USE OF THIS JOURNAL AND ALL MATERIAL SET FORTH THEREIN IS AT YOUR OWN RISK; (iii) ACCESS TO THE JOURNAL MAY BE INTERRUPTED AND MAY NOT BE ERROR FREE; AND (iv) NEITHER THE JOURNAL, NOR THE PUBLISHER, THE ASSOCIATION, OR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THIS JOURNAL OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE JOURNAL AND ALL MATERIAL SET FORTH THEREIN.
Under no event or circumstances will the AAI be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages, and claims and expenses including attorney fees relating to any violation of the terms of this license agreement.
This License Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States. In the event that you believe that you have been harmed by any action relating to The Journal of Immunology, you agree to inform the Publisher in writing and agree to grant the Publisher thirty (30) days to cure the alleged harm before initiating any action. Any and all disputes hereunder shall be resloved by arbitration. Any party hereto that elects to commence legal action shall give written notice to the other party hereto. Thereupon, the claim or matter shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the then rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA), provided however that the AAA shall be directed by the parties to appoint and to designate a single arbitrator who shall be, if possible, a retired or former judge. Determination of the arbitrator on all matters referred herein shall be final and binding on the parties hereto. The costs of the arbitrator shall be borne equally by the parties, and each of the parties shall bear its own costs and attorneys fees.
If you have read and agree with all of the terms and conditions of this License, select "AGREE". You can then register as a User and will have access to The JI Online. If you do not agree, select "DO NOT AGREE," in which case you will not be able to register and will not have access to The JI Online.